21/06/2013

Materialistic Curtains




Materialistic Curtain & Carpet Studio







A witty play on words?







Or a savage indictment?







Of US!!!







And our excessive desire to acquire and consume material goods.







I am wounded!!!







Cut to the quick!!!







I feel so worthless!!!






My life has no meaning!!!






Materialistic Curtains






You have opened my eyes






I now see...






I am caught up in an endless cycle of buying to maintain my social status.






I am not affluent






But I attain to a higher status






Through my purchasing power






I want to be loved






Debit Card love






And respected






Cheque book respect






So I buy pretty baubles.






To feed the hole






Of my inadequacy






ENOUGH!!!






I will throw off the shackles off this consumerist world






I will discover the simpler things in life






Art!!!






MUSIC!!!






BEAUTY!!!






LOVE!!!






I RENOUNCE YOU O' MATERIAL WORLD!!!






Mind you the curtains with the birds and butterflies would look nice in the drawing room.